With a focus on providing a great customer shopping experience, the assistant night crew chief and night crew chief strive to meet store and night crew team goals; ordering, stocking and merchandising product for general department shelves, displays and merchandisers.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Directing night crew personnel, meeting general department’s service level and merchandising goals and objectives.
- Communicating directly with the store director and merchandising manager.
- Ordering general department (grocery, non-foods, HBC, frozen foods and liquor) products necessary to maintain adequate stock levels.
- Stocking and merchandising general department products in accordance with sales and merchandising department standards.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Unloading trailers, receiving merchandise, auditing received merchandise, breaking down, positioning cases of product in the warehouse, sales floor or walk-in cooler.
- Keeping shelves full and faced and building attractive floor, aisle and frontend displays.
- Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the proper use of product shelf tags and signage.
- Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas and warehouses, including well swept floors.
- Attentively stocking dated perishable products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
- Processing cash register transactions, inputting product costs, giving back change, processing checks, EBTs, WIC checks, refunds, product coupons and gift certificates.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least
- Lead others within the general department and night crew, setting goals and objectives, acknowledging member performance and holding the team accountable for their performance.
both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with no direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Operate a cash register, accurately recording transactions.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of a wide variety general department products (grocery, frozen food, HBC, non-foods, liquor, DSD and dairy), including their locations in the store.
- Memorize product locations.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to fill and rotate products quickly and use necessary equipment, including box cutters.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 30 – 50lbs.
- Lift 50 and maneuver up to 100 lbs, while breaking down large and very heavy pallet loads of produce cases, boxes and bags.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Often work in walk-in refrigerated coolers.
- A positive attitude towards meeting goals, your job, our customers and fellow team members.
- Excellent planning, problem solving and organizational skills.
- A desire to take charge, directing the team towards the accomplishment of its goals.
- A desire to continuously learn and improve.
- Acting as a role model for great productivity, customer service, and communications.
- A desire to serve as a coach and mentor.
- 2 years ago - save job
Bashas', founded by brothers Ike and Eddie Basha Sr., is a dynamic, growing company competing in the most hotly contested grocery...