ASSISTANT PROFESSOR - CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY
The Division of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine seeks to hire a fulltime child psychiatrist at the Assistant Professor level for a new position in forensic child and adolescent psychiatry
effective July 1, 2012. This position is supported through funding from the Connecticut Court Support Services Division (CSSD) to the Department of Psychiatry, Division of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Center for High Risk Behaviors in Children and Adolescents. The successful applicant will be board certified or board eligible in adult psychiatry and in child and adolescent psychiatry, with ACGME approved added qualifications in forensic psychiatry. The position requires that the successful candidate will consult to CSSD and the Juvenile Court on clinical and forensic juvenile matters of importance to the State of Connecticut. These include:
assigned complex court ordered psychiatric evaluations (including chart reviews) in children up to age 18 years
- Serving as a member or chair of the UCHC – CSSD Raise the Age Committee for mental health and medical issues
- Active participation in workgroups planning CSSD sponsored services for seriously mentally ill and psychotic youth.
- Advising CSSD, as requested by the Executive Director or designee, on issues related to mental health care and best practices of children, youth, substance use, and developmentally disabled children and youth.
- Provide significant assistance for transition age youth involved with CSSD by facilitating transfer to adult services for these youth with medical directors of DMHAS, DCF and DDS.
- Working collaboratively with CSSD and other partners on issues impacting CSSD including workforce development, court ordered assessments, and legislation affecting the Judicial Branch (e.g. juvenile competency workforce development).
- Providing education and service planning for substance abusing or mentally ill and co-ocurring substance abusing youth in CSSD programs and care.
- Consulting with CSSD staff and programs on treatment of co-occurring and substance use disorders of young people according to developmental level.
- Consulting to CSSD and the juvenile court on any Quality Assurance of Clinical Child Forensic questions.
- Respond promptly to requests for assistance from juvenile court judges, including
- Participating in and supporting child forensic training activities deemed necessary by CSSD and the Juvenile Justice Court and to the Bench as requested.
- Participating in research projects sponsored by UCONN and CSSD focused on mental health issues in the delinquent population as approved by the Executive Director or designee.
- Providing semi-annual reports on activities and duties performed to the CSSD Executive Director or designee
- Providing other CSSD medical and mental health duties as required
- Participate in other duties in the Dept. of Psychiatry and Division of child & adolescent psychiatry as specified, such as
- Teaching and fellow supervision as appropriate
- Participate in faculty pool On call coverage to inpatient units and on call schedule