The Courthouse Assistant Site Supervisor assists in supervising, directing, coordinating, and controlling activities of workers engaged in maintaining the cleanliness of the building by performing the following duties. The Assistant Site Supervisor should demonstrate behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries Historic Values, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct.
This position is a “working” assistant supervisor position, which also holds the responsibility of Quality Assurance for the first shift Monday through Friday 6:00am-2:30pm. Directly oversees 15-20 employees. Carries out assistant supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; directing work; assuring satisfactory completion of work; inspections; addressing complaints; resolving problems; and communication with the Site Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidate must pass a federal background and be approved to work on site by the Contract Officer’s Representative prior to assuming the position. Must have reliable transportation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Directs workers engaged in janitorial duties such as floor care of restrooms, hallways, corridors, stairwells and ramps.
• Studies production schedules and estimates worker hourly requirements for completion of job assignment
• Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and standards
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Maintains production records
• Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
• Assures routine maintenance of equipment
• Manages inventory of supplies and equipment
• Suggests approved supplies, materials and equipment
• Enforces safety regulations.
• Performs activities of associates supervised
• Assume duties and responsibilities of Site Supervisor in their absence.
• Other duties may be assigned.
At minimum, a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma, with two years recent experience directing personnel responsible for accomplishment of work related to housekeeping, floor care, construction clean-up, or other related line of work is desired.
The following is the comprehensive benefits programs in which full-time employees may participate:
• Continuing education & leadership development
• Comprehensive health plan
• Paid Time Off after one year of service
• 10 site specific paid holidays
• Life, Dental & Vision
• Nationally recognized preventive health & wellness program
• Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
• Retirement plan with generous match
Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Goodwill of Central Indiana - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -