Our views matter. So will yours. Further information about 'working at Moody's' is available at our Careers Page at www.moodys.com
The Assistant Director will be part of the Content Product Strategy team and will work closely with the quantitative research and product development teams on a portfolio of industry-leading analytic products. The selected candidate will lead a comprehensive redesign of the website which is the primary distribution vehicle for the team's content. This is a funded, high-profile initiative. As the business owner for this project, the Assistant Director will be responsible for providing an aggressive vision for the website, developing a strategy to expand and diversify the user base for the product, collaborating with the research team to convert analytic innovations into compelling new functionality, and ensuring buy-in from senior stakeholders across the company. The Assistant Director will also serve as the business owner and lead strategist for a series of related delivery channels including the legacy website, a desktop software product, a datafeed, and a web services platform which is currently under development.
The Assistant Director will source product feedback and ideas directly from customers and a global sales team. The Assistant Director will also collaborate with a large team of PhD researchers to adapt their latest innovations into compelling new product capabilities. As such, the Assistant Director should be familiar with the capital markets and analytical methods, be creative and resourceful, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
As a member of an innovative and colleagial product strategy team, the Assistant Director will also participate in the development and execution of plans to grow revenue and deliver superior value to customers. The Assistant Director will have one direct report and will draw upon the resources of affiliated teams as necessary.
- Lead a collaborative effort to comprehensively redesign a marquee website for credit risk analytics. Function as business owner and collaborate with Production, Engineering, Program Management, Research, Sales, and other stakeholders. Source and evaluate feedback, develop and communicate product vision and product requirements, and overcome obstacles to the team's success. Communicate progress to stakeholders, including head of Content Division and the President of Moody's Analytics.
- Business owner for a portfolio of related distribution platforms. Develop strategies to enhance customer value and grow revenue. Make prioritization decisions, act as customer advocate in investigating and resolving subscriber inquiries and product defects.
- Develop presentations for internal and external audiences. Participate in training a talented, global sales force. Develop marketing materials for pitching products to prospective customers.
- Produce strategic business analysis to support investment decisions, marketing initiatives, product development and strategic planning
- Direct analysis of retention, product purchase patterns, website usage patterns, campaign effectiveness, price sensitivity and customer demographics.
- Execute promotional activities including targeted communications and creation of marketing collateral
- Manage one direct report. Provide feedback, encouragement and development opportunities. Also lead a broader cross-functional team, ensuring alignment and proper motivation.
- 6+ years experience in internal strategy, strategy consulting or product management at a financial institution or technology firm.
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing and marketing analytical products delivered via the web, including the design and launch of new features.
- Proactive individual with a demonstrated commitment to collaboration and achieving team goals
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and ability to manage several projects at once
- Strong Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Excel skills, and familiarity with MS Access or similar software.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA strongly preferred
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer.
Job.com - 23 months ago