Reports to and works collaboratively with the Associate Director for Event Management and will serve as the evening on-site professional staff while classes are in session. When classes are in session, will work 2pm-12am W,T,F and 8pm-3am Saturdays. When classes are not in session and during summer, will work 8:30am – 5pm M-F.
On-site Management of student group events :
Hire, supervise, train and schedule event staff
Develop and implement risk management procedures for evening events and staff
Serve as evening contact for student organization concerns
Develop reporting structure for incidents and follow-up
Nightly Evening Rounds :
Schedule and supervise event staff to conduct nightly rounds of Campus Center and Podium spaces being utilized by student organizations
Danes After Dark regularly scheduled offerings :
Schedule and supervise event staff to set-up, manage and break down Danes After Dark spaces and equipment
Work collaboratively with the Campus Programming Board on Danes After Dark co-sponsored events
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication, leadership, decision-making skills
- The ability to work individually and in a team setting
- Experience working with students and/or student organizations from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Experience organizing or coordinating campus events or programs
- Demonstrated progress towards completion of Masters degree
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
Start Date: As soon as possible
The closing date for applications is May 16, 2013.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies.