Assurance Manager - Employee Benefits Plan
Ernst & Young's commitment to the quality and integrity of our audits is exemplified by our global audit methodology and our thorough quality controls that are applied to every client engagement. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, these enable us to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
We currently are seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career and leadership opportunity as an Assurance Manager in our Employee Benefits Plan group.
Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management throughout the year. Establish expectations of value to be delivered. Participate in performing audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues related to the variety of benefit plans. Collaborate to plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk.
Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Delegate work successfully. Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams. Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed.
Generate new business opportunities. Understand Ernst & Young and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- a bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- in-depth knowledge of the audit of emplyoee benefit plans acquired through working exclusively on various client EBP's.
- a degree in accounting, finance or related field
- approximately 2 years of audit experience with a public accounting firm (a regionally or nationally recognized firm is highly preferred)
- CPA certification
- excellent project management skills
- advanced written and verbal communication skills
- a dedication to teamwork and leadership
- integrity within a professional environment
Ernst & Young - 14 months ago
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...