• Direct/Administer Athletic Bands.
• Supervise special events such as Homecoming and Divisional Playoffs.
• Coordinate with the Department of Athletics.
• Serve as liaison between Department of Music and Athletic program.
• Develop/market Athletic Band Program as part of overall music program.
• Recruit for the Department of Music.
• Work closely with band/percussion faculty developing band program
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with area school band directors.
• Provide service to the University and the profession.
• Other duties as assigned by the Department of Music.
• Master’s Degree in Music.
• Demonstrated experience performing in, directing and/or coordinating athletic bands.
• Demonstrated excellence as a conductor and musician.
• Successful higher education wind band conducting experience.
• Experience teaching music education courses.
• Successful higher education classroom teaching experience
• Successful higher education experience teaching other instrumental ensembles (i.e., chamber groups, jazz groups, etc).
• Successful higher education experience teaching instrumental lessons (percussion, winds, or brass)
• Demonstrated record of strong Public Relations skills (personal, communicative, administrative)
• Demonstrated record of recruitment and retention of students.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu .
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Dr. Amy K. Roisum Foley
Search Committee Chair
Department of Music
202 Earley Center for the Performing Arts
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://ifo.org/index.php/download_file/view/290/114/.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.