Candidate will assist the Assistant Director of Athletics/Operations in managing and overseeing the operations, administration, and planning of all home intercollegiate athletic events. The Coordinator will manage the day to day operations in Waldron Stadium. Will train and supervise work study students who will assist with the set-up, operation, and clean-up of home athletic events. Will oversee the work study budget, and will train work study students within the appropriate university procedures and policies.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the logistics for home game events as assigned.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures related to the operation of athletic facilities and event management.
- Serve as the official game administrator for home contests, tournaments, and special athletic events as assigned.
- Arrange for set-ups for home contests including field preparation and the assignment and preparation of locker rooms for all teams.
- Coordinate all game personnel, and serve as athletic department liaison with visiting teams and officials.
- Maintain inventory of all athletic equipment, including repair, replacement, and safety recommendations.
- Supervise all Waldron Family Stadium and Walsh Team Rooms operations, including a high volume laundry room.
- Train, schedule and supervise work study students who will assist with the set-up, operation, and clean-up of all home athletic events.
- Schedule work study students to cover practices for home and visiting teams.
- Coordinate/work with the Physical Plant Department on specific tasks, such as major repairs, snow removal, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Candidate should have a working knowledge of athletic events/competition; must be able to work nights and weekends and be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. The selected candidate must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
As a staff member within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, the person in this position is responsible for knowledge of and compliance with institutional, conference and NCAA rules, both those general in nature and those which apply specifically to their job responsibilities. Knowledge of and compliance with NCAA rules is a condition of employment in this position.
Mount St. Mary's University - 10 months ago