Athletic Trainer/Physician Extender
Job ID: 27456
Department: Orthopedics Clinic - RHSC
City: St. Paul, MN
Location: RH - St Paul Specialty Ctr 435 Bldg
Position Type: Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: M-F Days, occasional evenings/weekends
Hrs/Pay Period: 80
A member of a multi-disciplinary team in a specialized orthopaedic and musculoskeletal clinic, this individual is responsible for safe and effective direct delivery of patient care including triage, physician extender duties, casting, coordinating patient services, instructing self-care and home programs and athletic training duties.
Bachelors Degree with specialization in Athletic Training.
Masters Degree and experience as a physician extender preferred.
A minimum of 3 years experience as an athletic trainer preferred.
* Competent with all customary athletic training skills and abilities
* Ability to recognition and evaluate orthopaedic and musculoskeletal injuries
* Ability to apply and remove casts and braces for a variety of orthopaedic injuries
* Knowledge of follow up care and instructions for common orthopaedic conditions
* Ability to learn job skills as determined by clinic providers
* Skilled in First Aide
* Ability to recognize injuries and refer to a multi-disciplinary team
* Ability to apply documentation skills within an integrated electronic health record
* Strong organizational skills
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC). Must be registered or eligible (and obtained within 6 months of hire) in the State of Minnesota for Athletic Trainers.
Membership of the National Athletic Training Association preferred.
Regions Hospital - 30+ days ago