Responsible for handling basic legal matters by applying legal knowledge, skills and training.
Translates legal conditions into lay terms and effectively communicates basic legal principles to business clients. Drafts basic legal documentation and works on less complex cases or parts of larger cases. Work with Attorney and Senior Attorney on complex matters. Provide legal analysis and opinion as to complex matters under the direction of the Attorney or Senior Attorney. Appear in courts and administrative agencies on routine matters. Drafts basic contracts, pleadings, opinions, and provides legal analysis to business partners. Performs other related duties as assigned. Other duties may be assigned.
- Juris Doctor Degree in law required.
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of court and agency procedures.
- Must have good clarity of thought, discretion and judgment ability.
- Must be able to develop rapport with client and to engender confidence with the client and in their own professional competence and judgment.
- Highly developed sense of ethics and integrity.
- Good analytical, negotiation, organizational, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret statutes, general business and legal periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write contracts, opinions, briefs, reports, business correspondence, pleadings and procedure manuals.
- Qualified to effectively present information and respond to questions from courts, regulators, clients, customers and the general public.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- .Must be a member in good standing with the Michigan State Bar Association
Legal and Regulatory Affairs
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 13 months ago