Noblis is a nonprofit science, technology, and strategy organization that brings the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise in an environment of independence and objectivity. We are accomplished scientists, analysts, engineers, management experts, researchers, and technology specialists who work in areas that are essential to our nation’s wellbeing. Our work focuses on solving complex problems in national and homeland security, healthcare, transportation, enterprise engineering, and environmental sustainability. For more information visit noblis.org .
Why work at Noblis?
Noblis offers employees the opportunity to find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them as well. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, mission-driven individuals who want to do great work and feel great about doing it. They are thought leaders and subject matter experts who apply deep critical thinking and intellectual rigor to work that means something and benefits the public.
Noblis has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute and as one of the Best Small and Medium Workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute numerous times. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Noblis Inc. is seeking a qualified individual capable of operating, coordinating and maintaining our Corporate Audio Visual Operation.
Our Operation consists of a large capacity Auditorium, Training Center, Collaboration Center, and 16 multi-purpose conference rooms. Collaboration and Client Engagement is a high priority at Noblis. Our Conference rooms and Facilities are very active and require hands on interaction to coordinate set-up options, AV Options, and Guest Services.
In The NICC, there are 4 labs, a demonstration center, a collaboration hub, and a common work area with several rows of PC and Mac-based workstations, along with stations where employees can dock their computers and log into common area phones, somewhat resembling a hoteling environment. Each lab and demo/collaboration area contains at least one large LCD or projection screen, all connected to a centralized A/V (Audio / Visual) system that is capable of displaying source material from any number of locations to any number of locations within The NICC.
This position requires a fulltime presence in the NICC, while prioritizing and coordinating the remaining facilities and conference rooms.
As an Audio / Visual and Information Systems Specialist, you will be the primary, on-site point of contact for daily operations of the Noblis Conference Facilities and NICC. In this capacity, daily functions may include:
- Assisting employees and their guests with using AV and NICC equipment, especially the A/V (Audio / Visual) systems. You will become an expert on the operation of the AV systems in all rooms throughout our headquarters facility to include Video Tele-Conferencing.
- Maintain a clean and professional looking atmosphere in all rooms throughout the facility. (e.g., proper cable management, equipment repair/replacement, inventory control)
- Partner with Noblis Facilities personnel to coordinate maintenance (e.g., power, furniture, physical security) and will work with the Noblis/NICC Events Coordinator to assist with visitor IT and A/V needs
- Development and publication of user guidelines, system operation procedures, and general documentation.
- Set up tables and chairs as required from the end user/coordination with Facilities Staff for assistance
- Maintain Room Wizard (electronic booking system
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Strong general knowledge of modern A/V (audio/visual) equipment and connections types.
- Know the differences between analog and digital connection types, HDMI vs. DVI,
- Know how to properly connect and configure A/V equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Mac-based PCs.
- A+ or Windows certification is a plus.
- Strong customer orientation and interpersonal skills and strong communication skills are essential. You will be interacting with a high volume of internal and client personnel.
- Background in technical support is highly desired.
- Familiarity with Linux, with an aptitude and interest in learning more about Linux, is beneficial. Many of the resources in the NICC data center are Linux-based. The more you know about these systems, the more you will be able to contribute.
Noblis - 11 months ago