Responsibilities for this Position
- Set-Up, adjustment, break down, transport, cleaning and storage of all audio visual equipment used throughout the Resort.
- Providing technical support to the Resort and corporate clients.
- Set-up, assistance and operation of stage/show productions for the Resort and corporate clients when necessary.
- Troubleshooting and basic repairs to audio visual signal lines and equipment when necessary.
- Setting ceiling stage lights, cabling, and light and sound boards for shows when necessary.
- Ensuring that all areas of the Media Center and storage areas are cleaned and organized on a daily basis
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to climb steps and/or a ladder of 12' or less, 20% of the time daily.
- Must have the ability to lift 75lbs, 30% of the time daily.
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to lift at least 75 pounds.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Computer experience required.
- Free Parking
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
Hospitality Online, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job