At Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, we offer the professionally enriching career you'd expect from one of the nation's leading pediatric healthcare systems. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is ranked as one of the top children's hospitals nationwide, according to Parent magazine and U.S. News & World Report, plus we've made Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years running. We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, generous paid time off, retirement, relocation and more.
As a member of our Rehab Team, an Audiologist will be able to work with a multi-disciplinary team and will have the opportunity to grow through our continuum of care including Acute Care, Inpatient Rehab, Day Rehab Program, Outpatient Rehab, and several specialty areas. Our dedication is to our patients and each other as we promote certifications and continuing education.
Your Dream Job is waiting. Are you Strong enough?
To provide the highest quality age-appropriate care for patients newborn to 21 years of age within the scope of practice and established standards for Audiology. To function effectively as a member of the rehabilitation team. To support the mission of Children\u2019s Healthcare of Atlanta. To proactively support the efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and to promote a safe environment at Children's.
\u00b7 Master's Degree in Audiology required.
\u00b7 Proof of Georgia licensure in Audiology or eligible for Georgia licensure and proof of application.
\u00b7 American Board of Audiology Certification or Certificate of Clinical Competence by the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association in Audiology.
\u00b7 BLS certification is required within 30 days of hire
\u00b7 Knowledge of pediatric theory and practice required.
\u00b7 Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication of information, positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in an interdisciplinary environment required.
\u00b7 Minimum of one-year pediatric experience in Audiology and supervisory experience preferred.
1. Provides diagnostic assessments including behavioral audiometry, Auditory Brainstem Response, and Central Auditory Processing testing.
2. Conducts hearing aid evaluations; selects, fits, and dispenses hearing aids and assist devices and provides training in use.
3. Counsels parent(s) regarding hearing loss and financial resources.
4. Provides cochlear implant programming.
5. Provides effective and appropriate aural rehab treatment so that functional outcomes are achieved.
6. Completes documentation meeting departmental standards for content, accuracy, and timeliness.
7. Provides supervision to Audiologist Clinical Fellow/Paid Clinical Experience, and Audiology interns, as assigned.
8. While clinical staff may serve a specific patient population, they have the potential to care for patients within the age population range served at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Clinical staff will have competencies that will incorporate age specific guidelines.
9. The licensed care giver includes family/caregiver in patient care and provides effective education appropriate for learning needs of patient and family.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta - 30+ days ago
The center is designed to provide the necessary infrastructure for investigators conducting pediatric clinical research to improve the quali...