It is the role of the Audiovisual & Operations Manager to oversee and maintain systems and technical operations for all broadcast, streaming, and production facilities for the City of San José.
Major position responsibilities include:
* Managing 24 hours/7 days a week technical operations of the City¿s broadcast facilities, including responding to off-hour emergency calls related to operations of broadcast and web streaming services;
* Coordinating staffing for broadcast of public meetings and assisting supervisor in evaluation and development of staff;
* Maintaining the budget for and providing oversight of capital funds and making recommendations as to how funds will be spent based on desired upgrades to City facilities, repair and maintenance schedules, and needs analyses;
* Preparing reports concerning new systems and solutions detailing factors such as cost, impact on current systems, replacement schedules, proposed project timelines, and effect on capabilities;
* Preparing and/or editing Requests For Proposals, analyzing and evaluating vendor responses, revising details of proposals as needed, making recommendations concerning purchases, reviewing contracts and overseeing acceptance of delivery of items purchased;
* Assembling, installing and configuring complex broadcast, post production, streaming media, systems, software, and other hardware. Includes various types of servers, drive arrays, SANs, DAMs, character generators, graphics/animation creation systems, HD cameras, CCUs, editing systems, play-to-air systems, digital signage, A/V routers Thunderbolt/Thunderbolt 2 technology, Fibrechannel and gigabit fiber/copper networking switches;
* Producing engineering design documents for complex broadcast and computer networking systems;
* Designing and implementing a preventative maintenance routine, identifying weaknesses in current systems, planning for upgrades and replacement of systems;
* Staying current with industry best practices;
* Establishing and maintaining a work environment that is conducive to proactive planning, supports employee morale, and enhances productivity; and
* Communicating and dealing tactfully and effectively with City officials, employees, supervisors, employees from other City departments, contractors, vendors and the public.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
- Education: Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in the field of video engineering, broadcast television, video production, or closely related field
- Experience: Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience, including two (2) years of supervisory experience, in one or more of the following areas: government access television, broadcasting, television news programming, media production, communications and/or media coverage,
Possession of a valid California driver's license.
Possession of at least one of the following certifications is highly desirable.
*Apple XSAN Administrator
*Apple ACMA (Certified Media Administrator)
*Society of Broadcast Engineers Certified Video Engineer
*Society of Broadcast Engineers Certified Broadcast Television Engineer
*Infocomm CTS-D/CTS-I Certification
*CEDIA Certified Professional Designer
-Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for this position include:
-Job Expertise - Knowledge of sources of video and audio engineering information and technological developments, particularly in the area of analog to digital audio/video migration; experience in media, communications, journalism, public affairs, broadcasting, or television within a local government environment; knowledge of digital signage systems design, operations and maintenance; and project management systems and software.
- Analytical Thinking - approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; identifies a set of features, parameters, or considerations to take into account, collects and analyzes data, uses logic and intuition to arrive at conclusions and recommendations.
- Communication Skills - communicates and listens effectively and responds in an timely, effective, positive and respectful manner; written reports and correspondence are accurate, complete, current; well-organized, legible, concise, neat, and in proper grammatical form.
- Customer Service - approaches problem-solving by focusing on customers first; advocates for customer results point of view; demonstrates the ability to anticipate customers' needs and deliver services effectively and efficiently in a timely, accurate, respectful and friendly manner.
- Multi-Tasking - can handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously; has
handled a wide variety of assignments in past and/or current position(s).
- Problem Solving - approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; determines the significance of problem(s); collects information; uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
- Team Work & Interpersonal Skills - demonstrates a positive attitude and flexibility along with the ability to develop effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
The selection process will consist of an evaluation of the applicant's training and experience based on the application and responses to the Job Specific Questions. Only the candidates whose backgrounds best match the position will be invited to proceed in the selection process. Additional phases of the selection process will consist of one or more interviews.
You will be prompted to answer the following job-specific questions during the online application process:
1. Do you have a Bachelor's Degree or higher in a related field from an accredited college or university? If yes, what is the degree, major and educational institution? If no, how many college semester units have you completed and the coursework?
2. Do you have experience with contract or project management? If so, please describe.
3. Do you have experience managing an operational budget? If yes, summarize your participation and contribution to this process.
4. Do you have five or more years of experience, including two years of supervisory experience, in one or more of the following areas: government access television, broadcasting, television news programming, media production, communications and/or media coverage? If so, please describe your experience.
5. Do you possess any of the certifications listed in the minimum qualifications section? If so, please specify which certifications you have.
6. Do you have specific experience with Digital broadcast studio design/maintenance/replacement; Crestron/AMX control; SAN systems; or Digital Signage? If so, list your areas of specific experience and describe.
7. Do you have specific experience with Play-to-air servers; Video compression/transcoding/streaming; Analog to digital migration/integration; or Video production (studio/field/post)? If so, list your areas of specific experience and describe.
You may answer these questions directly in the on-line application system or on a separate document and then cut and paste your answers into the appropriate spaces when prompted.
You must answer all job-specific questions in order to be considered for this vacancy or your application will be deemed incomplete and withheld from further consideration.
If you have questions about the duties of these positions, the selection or hiring processes, please contact Ross Braver at email@example.com.
Submission of a resume is optional. The Education History and Work History sections of the application must be completed or the application will be considered to be incomplete and may be withheld from further consideration.
E-mail is the default method of communication with applicants. To ensure that you receive timely notification regarding your application status, please provide a current e-mail address when submitting your application. It is also recommended that you adjust any spam filters to ensure that you can receive e-mails from @sanjoseca.gov.
The application deadline is11:59 PM on the final filing date. Please allow adequate time to complete the application and submit before the deadline or the system may not save your application.
If your online application was successfully submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation email to the email address you provided. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE CONFIRMATION, please email CityJobs@sanjoseca.gov and we will research the status of your application.
Employees in this classification are represented by City Association of Management Personnel (CAMP).
City of San Jose - 9 months ago