The best ideas in medicine start with the best people.At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of Stony Brook University’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It includes Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 597 beds, SBUH is the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center. We are home of the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. At Stony Brook Medicine, we put the power of ideas to work. Join our team at Stony Brook Medicine – the best ideas in medicine.
Descriptive Title: Audit Coordinator
Budget Title: TH Patient Accounting Specialist
State Professional Position
Department: Business Office
State Line#: 19997
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Salary: $50, 500-$58, 500
Required Qualifications: Bachelors Degree plus four years experience in the healthcare environment with a minimum of two years in a supervisory role or in lieu of a degree, ten years experience in a healthcare environment. Proficiency in software packages, i.e., database packages, spreadsheets and word processing applications. Excellent oral, written and highly developed interpersonal interaction communication skills are essential. Interface with appropriate University offices, agencies and outside agencies to collect information to fulfill and satisfy A/R. HIPPA, Compliance and Government regulations as they pertain to the healthcare environment. Must be able to handle tasks simultaneously.
Preferred Qualifications: In depth knowledge of Governmental Billing in the healthcare industry. Experience with Claims Scrubber & Omnipro, Supervisory experience, remittances. Database applications and reporting. PowerPoint presentations and advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheets. Working knowledge of Siemens and Cerner programs.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Act in the role of RAC Audit Coordinator, supervise staff members, train, evaluate and oversee staff.
- Primary control of the RACTracker is mandatory and must be able to keep all information current and confidential.
- Must be able to handle several Audits simultaneously.
- Work closely with the Manger of Patient Accounts and the Supervisor of Governmental billing.
- Work closely with Medical Records staff to ensure the audits are answered in a timely manner.
- Attend all seminars and teleconferences as they pertain to RAC audits for Medicare and Medicaid.
- Assists the Manager of Patient Accounts with any Audits as they related to Medicare and Medicaid which include OMIG and Cert.
- Candidate will interact with outside Agencies as well as other departments to Medicare billing issues and denials.
Special Notes: Shift: Full-time day position 830am-430pm. Please note Stony Brook University Medical Center is a smoke free environment. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook University's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University - 21 months ago