The, Audit Manager, NA is responsible for managing the assurance and advisory internal audit activities for the Company's North American locations including Australia, New Zealand and Asia/Pacific. This position includes responsibility for overseeing the audits of Henry Schein's North American financial, operations and controls compliance activities and special projects as well as providing input in the development of the Group's annual audit plan.
This position involves teaming and interaction with information systems, operations, finance and business unit team members including managers, directors, and vice presidents at the local and Corporate level. Strong management leadership and verbal/written communication skills are a prerequisite for effectively fulfilling the responsibilities of this position.
This is a progressive position with opportunities for growth both within the North American Internal Audit group, as well as with other infrastructure, business development, business unit or finance functions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for managing the execution of annual audit plan, including all communications before, during and after the audit process to ensure timely communication of expectations and findings including follow-up status reporting on high priority remediation plans.
Develop staff by managing the assignment and coordination of audit activities - make recommendations for the selection of continuing education programs to ensure balance and development opportunities for the entire audit group.
- Manage the quality and consistency of internal audit reports and provides input to the internal audit team regarding recommendations for process and control improvements to ensure compliance with Corporate standards, and advocates implementation of leading practices to improve efficiency, productivity and control effectiveness.
Manages the development/enhancement/modification of audit programs and activities to ensure the continuing quality and relevance of the audit function.
- Assist Controls Compliance and business unit management to ensure newly acquired entities effectively implement a SOX compliance program.
- Assist in the preparation of audit findings for presentation to varying audiences, recommends modifications to presentations to support appropriate level of communication, assists in generating cross function support for recommendations.
- Assist in the development of the annual risk assessment and audit plan
- Support Audit Senior management with evaluating SOX compliance issues, remediation plans and independent verification thereof for reporting to the Company's Deficiency Committee
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent knowledge required.
Minimum five to six years of solid experience performing financial and operational audits.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
U.S. GAAP, GAAS and IIA Standards as well as COSO Framework and Sarbanes-Oxley / SEC compliance requirements and guidance for Internal Control over Financial Reporting
Strong management and communication skills, ability to present complex technical issues in simple business terms.
CPA or equivalent required. MBA and / or CIA desirable.
Experience/knowledge in distribution business desirable
From Poughkeepsie to Prague, Henry Schein outfits dental offices around the world with everything they need. The company is a leading global...