Growing regional accounting firm in the Hartford area is building their staff to meet the growing needs in their audit and advisory services business. The organization promotes a positive work environment with nice work-life balance, with very limited travel. There is significant opportunity for growth to Manager and eventually to Partner for the right candidate. Excellent benefits and training.
- Lead and perform audit engagements and provide recommendations
- Supervise, lead, and mentor junior staff.
- Prepares clear and concise work-papers with definitive conclusions.
- Anticipates problems and issues, and keeps the manager informed of engagement status.
- Pro-active in the bottom-line management of assigned engagements.
- Concerned with individual productivity (realization, chargeability, etc.)
- Demonstrates an awareness of new business opportunities (includes cross-selling).
- Complies with Firm practice management procedures and systems.
- Has developed the attributes of an effective and competent 'Ambassador of the Firm'.
- Demonstrates an ability to direct and control concurrent assignments to successful completion.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify issues and apply accounting principles and auditing procedures.
- 4+ years of public accounting experience
- Experience with clientele in the not- for-profit, financial services, health care, and/or construction industry is a plus.
- Bachelors in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- Strong analytical skills.
- Prepares meaningful and well written recommendations for inclusion in client correspondence.
- Effectively applies information technology tools in assigned areas.
- Exhibits the ability to prepare and/or review a complete set of financial statements.
- Works independently and shows initiative.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify additional services.
Smith Arn old Partners is a Stamford, Connecticut based highly specialized technical professional and executive search firm that has helped thousands of companies and people make a professional connection. Smith Arnold Partners has successfully completed searches on behalf of the most recognizable firms in the United States.
Smith Arnold Partners - 2 years ago