Auditors conduct internal audits for clients’ Purchasing Departments to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy and efficiency of records, and recovery of lost revenue.
- Audits contract records and correspondence of Purchasing Departments looking for sources of lost revenue.
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, or other means of lost revenue. Researches validity of suspected revenue loss.
- Documents, prepares, and submits reports for client and management by providing documented and supportive details.
- Actively contacts vendors as part of the claim production process.
- Adheres to the overall timing and deadline of an audit cycle, including day-to-day management of the audit and responsible for meeting the revenue budget for that client.
- Analyzes and assesses problems regarding client’s claims procedure and business operations based on appropriate audit concepts.
- Examines information necessary to audit client’s financial operations.
- Inspects and evaluates client financial information including buyers’ files, client standards, manifests, purchase orders, invoices and freight invoices in order to audit and analyze the client’s business operations.
- Moves efficiently between different audits with accuracy and flexibility.
- Produces claims using appropriate audit concepts for writing claims, updating claims management system, and billing claims to client.
- Produces number and dollar volume of claims as defined by team leader.
- Finds, supports and documents audit and claims operations.
- Independently produces written correspondences to vendor inquiries.
- Recommends changes in operations and audit activities.
- Understands and manipulates client electronic data and computer proficient (Excel, Access and SQL) and identify discrepancies.
- Shares best practices.
- Coaches audit assistants and new auditors.
- Develops audit processes utilizing run data.
- Assists in the design of project tools.
- Communicates with management and IT on new processes and communicates new concepts to team.
- Assists in client reporting.
- Travel: 10% - 15%
- Prefer 2+ years of experience in an office environment, preferably auditing related. Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and Access required. SQL experience preferred.
- Purchasing experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, gender, age, marital status, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.