ThyssenKrupp Elevator (TKE), a subsidiary of international conglomerate ThyssenKrupp AG, is an industry leader in the manufacturing, installation and service of elevators, escalators & moving sidewalks. The TKE Americas business unit employs over 12,000 people with annual revenue in excess of $2 billion dollars.
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking a Mechanical Designer/Drafter to join our world class team in Middleton, TN.
Job Summary: :
Prepares solid models, 3D layouts, 2D components, and assembly drawings of sectional elevator products using advanced computer aided design tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
Job Requirements :
- Prepares solid models
- Generation of 3-D models and 2-D components, and assemly drawings of sectional elevator products using advanced computer aided design tools.
- Ensure product designs are cost effective and meet customer requirements and performance objectives through specification review and the practical application of engineering principles, design procedures and industry standards
- Perform customer order design and product cost reductions
- Support of manufacturing processes as required, become familiar with Lean design and manufacturing principles
- Resolve elevator perfomance issues
- Interface with other departments and become familiar with the customer’s needs
We offer a competitive compensation package including bonus potential and an excellent 401(k) with immediate vesting along with an opportunity for long-term career growth.
- 2-3 years college level technical training in mechanical engineering technology (or equivalent)
- Experience with SolidWorks and AutoCAD software
- Basic computer knowledge required with specfic training/experience in computer aided drafting
- Experienced with manufacturing methods of heavy mechanical components – castings and weldments.
- Experience with Oracle or SAP systems is a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering & manufacturing systems
ThyssenKrupp Elevator is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran's status. We are proud to have a strong commitment to equal opportunity in the workforce and believe in treating people with dignity and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all.
If you want to join a strong, stable, growing business and make immediate contributions, please apply online at www.thyssenkruppelevator.com to join our team.
Offer Relocation :
ThyssenKrupp - 8 months ago