TRI-COR Industries, Inc.
AutoCAD Drafter/Technician II (Job Code# 91)
TRI-COR Industries, Inc. (TRI-COR) is a nationally recognized a minority-owned, certified service disabled veteran owned business small business (SDVOSB) and a CMMI® Level 2 company. TRI-COR is headquartered in Lanham, MD, and has offices in Edwardsville, IL, O’Fallon, IL, San Antonio, TX, Sterling, VA, and Tampa, FL. Now in our 30th year of operation, TRI-COR provides innovative and cost-effective IT solutions to a diversified client base.
We continually strive to accomplish this through the use of a highly qualified management team, the latest technical tools and expertise and our understanding of our clients’ culture and processes. Our goal has always been to present our clients with the best and most effective solution in order to achieve their goals. The result is always to provide our clients with a consistent, reliable service, developed through 30 years of business and industry experience.
TRI-COR is seeking an AutoCAD Drafter/Technician for converting hardcopy text and graphic documentation into high quality digital formats for purposes of creating editable technical documentation.
EDUCATIONS / CERTIFICATION
- Prepare documentation for digital scanning (e.g., removing staples, disassembling bound originals, and removing post-it notes)
- Digitally scan graphic/illustrations to clean and update image data
- Digitally scan documentation to create a text file using optical character recognition software
- “Proof” documentation by reviewing text files and making corrections as needed to ensure files accurately represent the original documentation content
- Incorporate customer-requested changes into “Proofed” text files
- Apply formats to object-oriented data chunks using stylesheets via Adobe FrameMaker
- Assemble data files within Adobe Framemaker to create an updated book for republishing
- High School diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree or certification preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience in document publishing
- Demonstrated proficiency with graphic/illustration support tasks
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe FrameMaker 2010 or later
- Ability to read and thoroughly understand Air Force Technical Orders/documents
- Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Office Suite 2007 or later
- Strong attention-to-detail (essential for re-creating detailed technical documents)
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong communication skills (required to articulate and resolve issues related to detailed technical documents and revision instructions)
- At least 1 year of experience in technical drafting/illustration
- Ability to read and thoroughly understand Air Force Technical Order illustrations
- Proficient knowledge and experience using AutoCAD 2009 or later and Adobe Illustrator (found in Adobe Creative Suite)
- Working knowledge of Air Force Technical Manual Specifications and Standards
- Strong attention-to-detail (essential for creating detailed technical illustrations/drawings)
- Able to favorably complete a security background check and Department of Defense (DoD) National Agency Check
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Core hours are 7:30 – 4:30, Monday through Friday
- TRI-COR offers a total compensation package that is competitive in the IT industry.
TRI-COR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity in our workforce. We use E-verify to validate that employees are legally eligible to work in the United States.
Tri-Cor Industries - 17 months ago