We are seeking a Drafter for our PCL Industrial Services, Inc. District office located in Bakersfield, CA.
PCL Industrial Services, Inc. is a full service heavy industrial general contractor, servicing the oil production, petrochemical, mining, power and cogeneration, gas compression and gas transmission industries, primarily in the southwestern United States. Our services include general construction, construction management, and engineering/ procurement/construction (EPC).
This position will use AutoCAD and SolidWorks equipment to provide support to the Fabrication Department by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches & diagrams. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for fabrication. Make copies of drawings and maintains information regarding changes to data. Makes simple decisions but refers most questions/problems to the project manager or superintendent. Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology, especially ASME codes and terms. Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
The general duties of the AutoCad/SolidWorks Draftsperson are to assist project managers and superintendents as required, including:
- Use computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD/Solid Works) equipment and software to develop designs.
- Create and revise production drawing (detail and assembly drawings).
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimensions of parts materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or parts.
- Sketches rough layout of machine and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages, and location of holes.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multiview drawings of machine and products.
- Creates DXF files with layers as used in writing CNC programs.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Update Drafting and Engineering Standards.
- Responsible for setting up converting existing production drawings to SolidWorks.
- Assists in costing jobs.
- Communicate with other departments (QC, Engineering) as necessary regarding new and revised prints.
- Involvement in building materials layout.
An ideal candidate would have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- ASME Code Section 8, Division 1 knowledge.
- AutoCAD/SolidWorks experience.
- Pipe designing experience.
- At least one year of experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated success being a team player and working well with others.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast pace environment.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
All candidates must pass a pre-employment physical examination, drug / alcohol screen, and background check as a condition of successful consideration for employment. Failure to do so will result in the candidate being disqualified from further consideration.
PCL employees are to meet all the required minimum physical requirements. Further physical examinations will be assessed at the time of pre-employment screening to fulfill minimum physical requirements on a per job basis.
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your legacy today.
PCL is an EEO/AAP employer; all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
PCL Constructors Inc. - 21 months ago