GP Strategies Corporation is a global performance improvement solutions provider of sales and technical training, e-learning solutions, management consulting, and engineering services. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies such as Chrysler, Microsoft, General Motors, IBM, and Lockheed Martin to government organizations such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center and NASA. We are publicly traded (GPX on the NYSE) and employ more than 2,700 professionals who are the best in their fields.
The GP Strategies Performance Readiness Solutions Division (formerly known as RWD Technologies, LLC) is a leading provider of human and operational performance improvement solutions that help employers maximize the return on their investments in people, processes, technology, equipment, knowledge, and customers. The Performance Readiness Solutions Group is currently looking for a part-time Automation and Controls Instructor .
• Deliver performance based training for customers both in-house and at the customer's site.
• Align with customers to identify specific training tasks and requirements for tailored and custom delivery.
• Maintain technical competency in assigned courses while expanding product competency.
• Maintain and continue to develop instructional/platform skills.
• Maintain and keep current all course materials and equipment.
• Maintain classroom equipment in good working condition.
• Report any issues that impact delivery or customer satisfaction to management immediately, following up with details in an Instructor Course Assessment Form (ICAF).
• Communicate with students to identify follow-on opportunities for training and/or product sales.
• Diagnose student performance weaknesses and select appropriate remedial activities.
• Analyze student evaluations and take appropriate actions to solve any noted deficiencies.
• Monitor class evaluations to assure customer satisfaction.
• Know and understand the target industries.
• Support sales activities as deemed appropriate.
• Set a professional example for others to follow and assume the roles of mentor for associates and trainees.
- Ability to travel 75+%
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Education, Electrical Engineering, Technical Instruction, or equivalent technical experience/education (example-Journeyman Electrician Certificate)
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
- Previous teaching experience in the Industrial Automation Control field
- Experience in manufacturing industry