The QCMP Counter Salesperson is responsible to provide prompt and courteous service to all customers of the store (including walk-in, delivery customers, and telephone queries). We require a professionally courteous acknowledgement of each customer within 30 seconds of arrival in the store. The Salesperson sets the tone for our organization and our brand. He/She will have a working knowledge of vehicle systems and components and must be able to look up the parts application of the product in the extensive NAPA parts catalogs or by using the TAMS computer catalog in an efficient an accurate manner. The ideal candidate for this position will have a working knowledge of automotive systems and parts; be functionally literate and capable of promptly and accurately recognizing part numbers and line codes; demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills; possess a valid driver's license (with no DWI convictions within the past four years); no more than three moving violations or two at-fault accidents in the last three years; have a working knowledge of the geographic area; be able to operate a vehicle with a standard transmission; and have the knowledge and confidence level to promote and sell product features. In addition, the candidate will be willing to work retail hours at any store location assigned by management. |
A representative list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position is as follows:
• The ability to effectively understand and communicate NAPA product information, performance standards, warranties, sales programs and company policies.
• The ability to operate and utilize TAMS point-of-sale invoicing, cash register, electronic communications equipment and the telephone system.
• The ability to secure parts for our customers and to handle daily paperwork and forms generated by customers and the store, including purchase orders, receipts, invoices, warranty returns, RGNs, OS&Ds, etc.
• Keep the store properly stocked and the sales area and stockroom clean, uncluttered and properly maintained.
• The ability to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient and professional service.
• Have a well-groomed and neat appearance.
• Occasionally operate heavy machinery as needed.
• Enjoy working with people in a fast-paced setting; be competitive yet has the ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Demonstrate knowledge of products and their applications (give technical advice, troubleshoot, and help solve customers’ problems with their vehicles).
• Able to understand customers’ needs – have related sales knowledge.
• Achieve personal sales and profit quotas.
• Demonstrate knowledge of current sales promotions and ability to process consumer rebates and customer registrations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Maintain Customer Satisfaction
• Satisfactorily serve all customers. Specifically, customers are to be acknowledged within 30 seconds of their entering the store. Additionally, they should be assured within 3 minutes. If longer, than 3 minutes, employees are to apologize for delay. Secure the “right part” the first time.
• Secure the “right part” the first time.
• Handle difficult customers and problems in a professional manner.
• Route deliveries in a timely manner.
• Maintain special order/back-order system.
• Utilize local buyout/pickup service.
• Report any problems immediately to management.
Demonstrate Professional Attitude, Conduct and Appearance
• Demonstrate a pleasant and helpful personality.
• Adhere to QCMP company policies.
• Adhere to QCMP appearance and dress standards.
Maintain TAMS Computer Abilities
• Demonstrate ability to use the TAMS catalog system.
• Effectively use the TAMS point-of-sale invoicing/cash drawer.
• Process credit card transactions using the credit card processing equipment.
• Practice asset security/loss prevention controls.
• Demonstrate knowledge of customer pricing methods used by the store.
Provide Sales Support Functions
• Process salespersons’ customer stock orders.
• Check in-store’s stock orders.
• Report all overages/shortages/damaged merchandise.
• Assist outside salesperson, if required.
• Assist in displaying, pricing and stocking merchandise.
• Share responsibility for store maintenance and cleanliness.
Participate in Training
• Participate in training when offered.
• Schedule training and complete all on-the-job training activities.
• Acquire technical and product knowledge necessary to perform duties.
• Demonstrate ability to perform the required duties of this position.
• Coach, advise and assist in training of others.
Quaker City Motor Parts (QCMP) - 17 months ago