Responsible for various duties such as preparing service work orders, handling/stocking merchandise and assisting customers in an Auto Service Center|
Duties and Responsibilties:
- Prepare service work orders for vehicles. Determines estimated cost according to the official price list; issues parts and accessories to mechanics. Counsels customers on automotive service needs and resolves patron service questions and complaints.
- Assigns work orders to appropriate technical associates for action (i.e. tire/battery, brake, electrical work, etc.)
- Maintains appointment schedules and ensures availability of parts and service technicians at the time of scheduled repair work.
- May sell automotive parts, supplies and accessories. Assists customers and provides product information.
- Prepares Special Purchase Order Worksheets for automotive parts based on work order requirements and customer special orders. Notifies customer upon receipt of parts/accessories.
- Loads and unloads merchandise from delivery vehicles; examines merchandise for damage or pilferage. Verifies type and quantity of merchandise received; notifies supervisor of discrepancies and/or deficiences. Keeps stockroom area clean and orderly.
- Assembles merchandise according to requests from main or location automotive retail store(s). As required, unpacks and stocks counters and/or shelves in accordance with established instructions and procedures. May price stamp merchandise as necessary. Participates in conducting periodic inventories.
- May operate a cash register according to established cash control procedures. Responsible for own cash fund. Completes daily cash reports and ensures proper balance.
- May train new associates on operation of cash register as well as proper procedure and protocol relative to the Automotive Center. May resolve customer complaints and problems, and refers more complicated issues/complaints to supervisor. May assist in preparing work schedules. Maintains payroll and productivity records as required.
- Exercises fact, good mannger and courtesy when serving and assisting customers. Responds to patron inquiries and assists patrons in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Works under the general supervision of a designated supervisor, carrying out assignments with little review during progress of work. Specific instructions are provided on new and unfamiliar situations. Completed work is spot checked for adeuqacy and compliance with existing regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
CareerBuilder - 12 months ago
Before Old Navy, there was the Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM). Active-duty military personnel, reservists, retirees, and their...