This position located at a major automotive manufacturer and will be responsible for steering warranty related design changes, developing technical solutions using customer specific tools (CATIA V5, TAIS, PQM, GAMS) within the standard designs and manufacturing processes.
- Focus on the interior modules - interior equipment, head protection systems, headliner, floor trim, sound insulation
- Perform analysis support for pre-series, series and field issues
- Problem solving experience
- Automotive experience
- experience in interior equipment, head protection systems, headliner, floor trim, sound insulation preferred
- Ability to drive investigate root cause analysis of functional issues
- 2+ years of automotive experience including working with component suppliers, development groups, service providers or manufacturer producing or servicing components used in the automotive field.
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 DMU
- Knowledge of Standard Software Tools and Analysis processes
- BS degree in engineering field (industrial, mechanical, electrical)
- 2+ years’ experience in your field (quality engineering, design engineering, product engineering, etc.)
- Professional experience with Interior-Exterior Product management
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
- Safety Glasses/Shoes required when completing certain tasks.
- Minimal travel required.