This position acts as a liaison between German customers and their US branches, steering warranty related design changes, developing technical solutions using customer specific tools (TAIS, PQM, GAMS, GEKK) within the standard designs and manufacturing processes.
- Perform analysis support for pre-series, series and field issues.
- Manage a Program File in Product Data Management (PDM) (including roles & rights), maintaining appropriate product and process definitions.
- Manage technical aspects of a program: Prepare and update other program related technical documentation; Ensure that the technical convergence plan meets product quality and costs targets; Ensure that the PMS technical milestone deadlines are met;
- Manage Bought Out Parts (BOP) definition and ensure technical integration of suppliers.
- Coordinate technical management of tool suppliers relying on process/tool engineers and experts.
- Interface with the customer's engineering team.
Bertrandt - your trustful engineering partner
- BS degree in engineering field (industrial, mechanical, electrical preferred)
- 3+ years of recent automotive experience including working with component suppliers, development groups, service providers or manufacturer producing or servicing components used in the automotive field. Professional experience with Interior-Exterior Product Management.
- Recent experience with automotive light and vision (headlights, windshield, wipers, etc.)
- Experience working with warranty data
- Able to perform analysis support for pre-series, series and field issues
- Problem solving experience
- Ability to drive investigate root cause analysis of functional issues
- Ability to read and understand CAD data (CATIA)
- Knowledge of Standard Software Tools and Analysis processes
The Bertrandt Group has been providing development solutions for the international automotive and aviation industries in Europe, China and the USA for more than 35 years. A total of more than 11,000 employees at 45 locations guarantee extensive know-how, sustainable project solutions and a high level of customer orientation. Its main customers include the major manufacturers and numerous system suppliers.