Avaya Aura/CM Commissioner
The Avaya Aura Commissioner is responsible for the advanced installation and commissioning of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Avaya Communication Manager product line at the customer’s site. Other duties include coordinating installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1 PRI, SIP and DS0); troubleshooting, upgrading, and administering multiple vendor systems; maintaining system applications; ensuring quality customer service; providing support to a varied user community; updating daily logs with site specific information; and composing clear and concise reports for customer documentation. Familiarity with Main Communication Facilities, Data Switches and Routers, and related Power and HVAC requirements is also a requirement. The Commissioner is expected to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled. Additionally, the Avaya Aura Commissioner is responsible for the development of project related documentation to include, Test and Acceptance Plans, Method’s of Procedures, and assisting the AutoCAD department with project design drawings. Candidates must meet criteria to pass a background check and obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance. MTS will assist applicants with submitting the necessary background check and security clearance request forms.
Requirements & Qualifications:
Candidates with these desired skills are preferred:
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Systems or Business discipline. 5 years or greater direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in implementation of Avaya CM and subtending systems.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and word processing are required.
- Working knowledge of IP Subnetting, QoS and IPV4/IPV6 model is required
- Working knowledge of routers and switches is required
- Candidate must have the knowledge to pass the ACIS- Avaya Aura® Communication Manager and CM (R6.0) Messaging certification.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously is required.
- Must be a US citizen and the ability to obtain a valid passport.
- Ability to work flexible/extended hours is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- The ability to pass a background check and obtain a Department of Defense secret clearance is required.
- Experience with the Department of Defense’s DSN and DISN network
- Current Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of current DoD Information Assurance policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Current ACIS and/or ACSS certification in the Avaya Communication Manager product line
Mutual Telecom Services Inc. (MTS) - 16 months ago