Primary responsibilities will include teaching aviation courses, advising students, professional development, curriculum refinement, program marketing and may include flight course oversight. Aviation courses include: Introduction to Aviation, Aviation Management, Aviation Safety, Pilot Ground Schools and advanced aviation/airline transition type courses. All faculty members are expected to advise majors, carry out research, and provide service to the department, college, university and community.
- Master’s degree in Aviation or a related field
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- Current CFI, MEI, and CFII Flight Instructor Certificates with experience as an advanced flight instructor
- Experience in FAR Part 121 aviation operations
- Recent experience (within the last 5 years) in turbine powered aircraft and airline style simulator training programs
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Earned doctorate in Aviation or a relevant field
- Experience with current FMS and aircraft navigational systems
- Ability to develop research specializations
- Curriculum and program development experience
- Successful collegiate aviation teaching experience
- Experience with foreign government agencies and/or foreign companies in establishing aviation education and training
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment
The aviation program has a long history of preparing students for responsible positions in aviation. In the flight education program, special emphasis is placed on multi-engine flight training and flight instruction experience - leading to regional airline or similar employment in corporate or military aviation. The university is considering growth and greater development of the aviation management concentration and safety management. Minnesota State University, Mankato is committed to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented and international communities. It is expected that the successful candidate shares in this commitment. For more information, visit the university website at http://www.mnsu.edu or reach the aviation website via: http://www.mnsu.edu/aviation.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Department of Aviation
328 Armstrong Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.ifo.org/contract09-11/2009-2011.pdf .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.