Responsible for cooking food according to oral or
written orders received from other food service
- Ability to lift and move approximately 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, climb and reach
repetitive motion. For example: dishing portions,
- Ability to perform tasks requiring sustained
carving, stirring and chopping.
basic kitchen equipment. For example: slicers, tilt
- Ability to properly maintain and properly operate
skillets, steamers and mixers.
handling hot utensils and equipment.
- Ability to move freely within kitchen area.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, including
in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- Ability to interact with guests and other employees
including use of percentages.
- Ability to read, count and perform basic arithmetic,
food supply as designated by the Public Health
- Is not infected by diseases transmitted through the
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to adhere to Peabody grooming standards.
- Ability to uphold and exemplify Peabody Service
clean, organized and ready for service.
- Works with other staff members to keep the kitchen
cook food products.
- Follows orders from supervisor on how to prepare and
- Cooks food using proper techniques and maintaining
preparation areas, as well as proper handling and
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all food
storage of all food.
hand-washing procedures and food handling.
- Uses and maintains kitchen equipment properly.
- Must learn and receive certification in state law