Responsible for acquiring new small business customers, primarily through visiting local businesses and
attending networking events. Build relationships with customers through consultative selling, building relationships and understanding their business to help find business solutions. Account growth will be accomplished by successfully executing the selling strategy, hyper penetration of local business area and retaining existing revenue base.
1. Enrich our small business customer's lives, build customer loyalty and achieve monthly quota against both revenue and gross profit targets.
2. Market and sell at the business-to-business (B2B) small business sales levels, primarily through face-to-face sales achieved through visits to local businesses and attending networking events; some sales may also be made over the telephone. It is expected that SBARs will customarily and regularly make sales away from the store to which they are assigned.
3. Prospect, implement and execute on new local small business accounts for the long-term objective of customer loyalty and increasing revenue.
4. Acquire new accounts and manage, grow, and retain the current accounts.
5. Follow-up on all marketing programs brought forward through the business.
6. Probe for information to understand the customer's decision making process and influence key decision making. Anticipate and preempt stakeholder concerns to bring the customer to appropriate solutions.
7. Ensure that customers are being engaged and utilizing all product line categories. Evaluate and leverage various discount structures with the customers to maximize sales growth.
8. Must gain acumen of various product and services to include services, supplies, technology, print and document.
9. Pursue new account development using various lead generation avenues such as marketing, cold calling, referrals, networking, boards of trade, and store generated leads.
10. Work collaboratively with managers and associates of the Business Services Area and in other related functions to consult and exchange information on work related issues.
11. Maintain and promote a positive attitude and productivity through a professional interaction with customers as well as with other associates.
12. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
13. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
This position requires knowledge of business and sales acquired through formal education or 2 - 3 years on the-job application, equivalent to a Bachelors Degree in Business.
Minimum of 2 years experience in B2B sales account management or related sales experience. Previous experience selling technology and/or print services a plus. Previous small business owner or experience with small business in a service focused industry a plus.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms for the purpose of evaluating the existing customer base to maximize sales potential Internet
Organizational, problem solving, time management and analytical skills Strong verbal and written communication skills Ability to work in a team environment Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines Business acumen with ability to work with and communicate with Senior Level Executives Ability to develop training to increase sales Ability to learn and train others on new technologies Self-motivated and driven sales professional able to operate in a decentralized sales team environment utilizing effective time management skills
Apply online through our corporate website at: www.officemax.com/careers .
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
OfficeMax is an equal opportunity employer that employs persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (40 and over), veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. OfficeMax uses E-Verify to determine the eligibility of employees to work in the US.
OfficeMax Incorporated - 19 months ago