The Cognos Consultant is responsible for successful delivery of Business Analytics (BAO) Business Intelligence and Performance Management (BI & PM) solutions & related components. The Cognos Specialist will develop Business Intelligence and/or Performance Management reporting solutions for IBM clients using the Cognos 8 suite. Responsibilities include working with clients to determine functional report requirements, writing functional specifications based on user specifications, development, customization and testing of reports using the Cognos 8 tools.
Although this position is based out of our IBM office in Dublin, OH, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs.
Note Regarding Travel: IBM is employing an in-bound delivery model in Columbus, OH where we will support primarily Columbus based clients from our center. Some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs. Travel is typically related to client meetings. During start up, we could see several months up front (Monday thru Thursday).
IBM Global Business Services
Help Make the World Work Smarter
The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year experience in Cognos 8 Business Intelligence Development and/or Cognos performance management
- At least 1 year experience in developing reports, dashboards and cubes
- At least 2 years experience in the understanding of BI/Data warehouse concepts and/or financial performance management concepts.
- At least 2 years experience in strong documentation and communication skills
- At least 1 year experience in formal project management methodology
- At least 1 year experience in implementing reporting tools projects (Cognos, SAS, Microstrategy, etc)
- At least 2 years experience in Industry processes and technology
- English: Fluent
- Master's Degree
- At least 2 years experience in Cognos 8 Business Intelligence Development and/or Cognos performance management
- At least 2 years experience in developing reports, dashboards and cubes
- At least 3 years experience in formal project management methodology
- At least 3 years experience in implementing reporting tools projects (Cognos, SAS, Microstrategy, etc)
- At least 3 years experience in Industry processes and technology
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To ALL recruitment agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 14 months ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...