Assist Apprentice Bartenders on the execution of service and following the apprentice bartender’s direction.
Empty trash on a regular basis.
Wash glasses to ensure bar is fully stocked.
Mop floors as necessary to ensure a clean, safe work area.
Adhere to sanitation standards regarding a Food and Beverage prep area.
Respond to Bartender and Apprentice needs by running for liquor, glassware, stock, etc.
Perform all opening and closing duties, based upon shift assignment.
Deliver orders from the warehouse to the bar outlets and restaurants in a timely manner – warehouse porters only.
Properly using two-way radio, knives and pallet jacks when appropriate.
Bid farewell to guests, using guest’s name when known, and encourage them to return.
Maintain a level of professionalism that will make guests want to return.
Anticipate the guests’ needs and responding appropriately with a sense of urgency.
Work as a team, assisting all guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
Effectively communicate with management, bartenders and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- At least 6 months of guest service experience.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 2 years experience as a Bar Porter in a similar environment.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 14 months ago
Las Vegas, NV
- 1 day ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...