Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories.
Baker Group seeks an advanced level BAS / Controls Technician to join our Des Moines, Iowa team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Baker Group team, the Building Automation Technician will report to either the Installation Supervisor, Team Leader, or Operations Manager, and will be responsible for supporting our Project Managers with the onsite start-up and commissioning of HVAC systems as well as network / integration work.
Education and Experience:
- Start up, programming, and graphics of DDC systems, day-to-day servicing and maintenance; including diagnoses, repairs, basic to advanced programming and commissioning in HVAC DDC control systems.
- Provide technical support and on Schneider Electric products and technical integration (i.e. integrations to 3rd party systems) to operations. Deliver integrated solutions. Provide on-site technical troubleshooting for resolution of customer issues.
- Actively participate in technician training. Act as presenter updating technical support to field technicians on company products.
- Diagnose and resolves technical problems on jobs and provides appropriate reports to project management.
- Work with other technicians to develop and share technical solutions.
- Review new technical documentation and provide communications and training to field technicians.
- Maintain technical expertise on all new products, tools, and integration through continuing education initiatives.
- Attend project turnover meeting with project manager to gain knowledge of the estimate and project scope.
- Create automation system database and job related programming for computer-based building control systems. Establish special calibration instructions on selected equipment. Perform creation of system graphics. Troubleshoot possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
- Organize and maintain the control submittal project redlines – turns over at the end of the project to the design engineer for as built creation.
- Provide on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes. Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed. Coordinates work with subcontractors and project manager.
- A minimum of three (3) years with HVAC & DDC experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of DDC systems such as Schneider Electric/TAC I/A Series, Barber Colman Network 8000, and / or Tridium AX is preferred.
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
- Knowledge of systems integration
- Understanding of building mechanical HVAC, electrical and temperature controls systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
EOE/AA. Drug screen and background check required.
Baker Group is the Midwest's leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems. For over 50 years we have been the contractor of...