Posting Job Title: BB I/S Tech 1 (Myrtle Beach)
Requisition #: 145001BR
Posting Location: Myrtle Beach, SC, US
Area of Interest: Customer Service/Member Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Broadband Install/Servivce Technician for our Technical Operations Department located in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Responsible for installing, servicing and troubleshooting cable, high speed data, and digital phone equipment at the customer's home or office. Equipment installed may include analog or digital systems for video, high-speed data and voice. Management reserves the right to add, change or revise this job description at any time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directly responsible for installation or service from the tap to the customers equipment.
- Installs equipment and network interface units and drop wires into customer location.
- Disconnects and reconnects service as instructed.
- Accountable for referring problems between the tap and headend to plant technicians.
- Performs QA inspections when at the home and submits required reports.
- Tests equipment to adjust signal strength and ensure optimum reception.
- Communicates with customers on- site, encouraging them to upgrade equipment or service packages. Represents the company and its service philosophy to the customer.
- Demonstrates proficiency in and working knowledge of most areas of the installation and service function.
- Handles semi-routine installations.
- Recognizes deviation from accepted practices and confirms with senior staff appropriate next steps.
- Receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Work is regularly supervised and reviewed for timeliness, accuracy and correct procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires minimum of 18 months of Broadband Installation experience.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing with customers, peers, and superiors and follow instructions.
- Requires valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Requires driving van throughout day to appointments in system.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) preferred.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repair as an Installer or Field Technician is preferred.
- Strong electronics/electrical or structured wiring background are preferred.
- Previous cable television or related experience is a plus.
- Computer skills are a plus.
FCC Unit_TWC: 3752 - South Carolina
Controlling Establishment ID: 00142 - Myrtle Beach Oak
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...