The BCS Loss Mitigation Manager oversees and assesses key workflow processes within the Loss Mitigation & Foreclosure Departments in accordance with established work rules essential to meeting goals and objectives to enhance timeline performance. The individual establishes strategies for meeting regulatory and agencies required timeframes. This position requires daily interaction with mortgagors, investors, insurers, and attorneys, as well as an in depth knowledge of the loss mitigation, foreclosure and bankruptcy process and all associated regulatory guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees workflow, productivity and employee performance as it relates to review and decisioning of loss mitigation and foreclosure accounts
• Performs risk analysis on foreclosure loans
• Performs least cost analysis on loss mitigation accounts
• Identifies and implements solutions to improve processes with emphasis on reducing risk and improving efficiency
• Assists the legal department on contested foreclosure lawsuits
• Attends mediation hearings and depositions
• Oversees the preparation of monthly management reports
• Approves and/or reviews new foreclosure referrals, bid instructions, transfer to OREO & invoices
• Reviews and approves all short sales, FDIC modifications, forbearances, DIL’s & discounted payoff
• Ensures proper and timely completion of required forms, i.e., charge off, transfer to REO, FDIC loss share forms etc.
• Provides feedback to senior management on issues negatively impacting compliance with regulations
• Handles any escalated issues and/or special requests from investors or insurers
• Aggressively manages the caseload to ensure bank, investor and insurer target goals are obtained
• Insures proper quality control processes and Risk Management to prevent audit findings and losses
• Keeps informed of portfolio changes or investor/insurer updates and take required actions as appropriate
• Assists staff with workflow when necessary to ensure timelines are met
• Responds timely and accurately to all attorney requests
• Management of any documents required during the foreclosure process including execution of affidavits; and the review and management of foreclosure litigation matters;
• Ensures all actions comply with investor/IBERIABANK/insurer approved timeframes and procedures
• Reviews staff’s work queues and works on exception reports on a regular basis
• Monitors and manages the vendor/attorneys to ensure they are complying with all IBERIABANK procedures and the investor/IBERIABANK timeframes
• Reviews reports and identifies loans that require attention and makes the necessary corrections
• Assists senior management in quality assurance with vendor relationships to ensure quality of service and to ensure departmental goals are met
• Other duties or projects as assigned by Management
This individual is directly responsible for directing, coordinating, and evaluating personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; providing pay change recommendations; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university or four plus year’s related default, foreclosure, and mortgage underwriting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Management / Supervisory experience required.
This position also requires the individual to posses the following characteristics:
• Proven ability to lead a team in a fast paced, high volume environment
• Ability to multi-task
• Positive Attitude
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrate ability to coordinate high level of activity under various conditions
• Goal driven approach
• Energetic and cooperative style of management
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Sense of Urgency
• Team oriented and ability to motivate others
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
Currently employed Associates who would like to apply for this or any other position must notify their current supervisor before applying.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
IBERIABANK Corp. serves up financial services with a Cajun flare. Through its flagship bank subsidiary, also called IBERIABANK, the holding...