OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information.
OpenText provides solutions across the entire range of core EIM capabilities – sophisticated, secure, high-value, and cost-effective – onsite, via mobile devices, private cloud, or in the cloud.
The SAP BDM will be responsible for driving revenue of SAP solutions in the assigned region. As OpenText have a reseller agreement with SAP for SAP related solutions, the SAP BDM’s primarily role will be to drive revenue through the SAP sales teams in the region.
The Open Text’s SAP BDM’s role is to establish close relationships with the SAP sales force and to help them with OpenText expertise to identify and close sales opportunities for the reselling solutions. While the sales process itself is led by the SAP sales, the SAP BDM will offer sales support to SAP through joint opportunity planning, competitive positioning, 1st level presales support and by coordinating resources from the rest of OpenText, SAP or partners.
Along with opportunity related support, the SAP BDM will also engage in developing and executing on joint business plans with specific KPIs for awareness, pipeline development, enablement and partner support initiatives with SAP.
• Develop a joint business plan and conduct formal reviews (at least once a Q) with SAP with clear joint KPIs/milestones for revenue generation, pipeline development, awareness, enablement and partner ecosystem development.
• Define target accounts and conduct regular account planning sessions with SAP Account Executives, overlay sales and sales management teams.
• Build mindshare and trusted relationships with SAP Account Team (including: AE’s, Overlay AE’s and sector sales managers). Make it easy for SAP sales to engage by being responsive, proactive and supportive. Explain value proposition (‘elevator pitch’), win stories etc to gain mindshare and commitment from key stakeholders. Drive specific initiatives to increase or maintain mindshare for OpenText solutions with SAP sales and presales.
• Support SAP sales on key opportunities. Participate in customer meetings with SAP AE’s and overlay sales offering value proposition pitch and 1st level presales support for OpenText’s solutions. Support key opportunities by bringing together relevant OpenText stakeholders from presales, value engineering, SAP product Management, etc. if required.
• Drive and support execution of relevant lead generation/pipeline development initiatives jointly with SAP and OpenText’s Field marketing function to meet the pipeline KPIs.
• Engage with SAP delivery partners as needed. Drive and support development of partner ecosystem through SAP Competence Partner Program Manager per agreed KPIs.
• Align and working closely with the EMEA SAP Sales lead and the rest of the virtual teams including Sales Support team, partner management teams and SAP LOB program management team.
• Track and report KPIs for SAP business such as pipeline, joint account mapping, marketing plans, enablement plans, partner coverage plans etc.
Required experience and skills:
• Typically requires a minimum of 5-10 years of related partnering, sales or presales experience
• Experience in SAP markets and basic knowledge of SAP solutions
• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven track record and relevant partner management experience especially with SAP is an advantage. Experience in the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is an advantage
• Experience of working with and supporting a distributed and virtual team
• Ability to present to both small and large audiences
• Outstanding written/verbal communication skills
Working from the Open Text office with regular business hours. Work outside of these hours may be necessary due to projects schedules and deadlines. Travel is required in this function.
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.
As a technology company, we can only be as good as the people who are part of our team. To that end, we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world!
If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll free number 877-201-7127.
If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
OpenText Corp. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
OpenText is the leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM).
Our EIM products enable businesses to grow faster, lower operational...