***THIS IS A HOT JOB OFFERING RELOCATION***
This position is for a technical individual contributor for GLOBALFOUNDRIES programs for SOI technology development and Bulk CMOS technology development. Candidates will be responsible for BEOL technology development including the technology definition, test site coordination, Si development and technology transfer of specific modules within the technology.
- Primary responsibility is to develop high-performance Cu/low-k and Cu/ULK Interconnect (BEOL) technologies for 22nm and beyond generations.
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments.
- Successful work together with GLOBALFOUNDRIES, participating in joint development of advanced BEOL module integration.
- Lead by influence.
- Technical reporting, documentation and process transfer to GLOBALFOUNDRIES production Fabs.
- This position is located in Malta (Saratoga County), NY.
- B.S. degree plus 8 years experience in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Working knowledge of all BEOL unit processes including Dielectric deposition, Lithography, Etch, PVD/CVD metals deposition, Cu plating, and CMP.
- Demonstrated understanding of the interactions between unit processes and interconnect layout, which determine electrical parametric results, product yield, product performance and reliability.
- Basic understanding of the ground rules, design manual, and BEOL reliability.
- Experience in optimizing module processes for manufacturability and yield.
- Able to work in a semiconductor manufacturing cleanroom environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Some international travel will be required.
- M.S. degree plus 5 years experience; Ph.D. plus 2 years in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience developing advanced interconnects for CMOS IC applications. An advanced industry related engineering or science degree is preferred and may reduce the level of experience required.
- Proven project management skills.
- Proven skills of peer leadership, and mentoring of junior level engineers.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of advanced technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. With the integration of Chartered in January 2010, GLOBALFOUNDRIES significantly expanded its capacity and ability to provide best-in-class foundry services from mainstream to the leading edge.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with manufacturing operations in Singapore, Dresden, and a new leading-edge fab in Saratoga County, New York. These sites are supported by a global network of R&D, design enablement, and customer support in Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).