BI Developer/Analyst with SSIS/SSRS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the development needs of the business units and establish a positive, service-oriented relationship by ensuring timely and accurate delivery of application systems
- Learn the business - develop a solid understanding of the business functions and processes and implement solutions based on that understanding
- Establish and maintain high client satisfaction levels
- Document, track and resolve problems in client business systems
- Have primary responsibility for technical deliverables associated with application code development, including work estimates, detailed and technical design documentation, application code and associated documentation including documentation to fulfill audit requirements
- Determine and document technical requirements for application systems, including system, module and unit design, unit test plans and test cases
- Support all phases of the software development lifecycle, including Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Testing, Implementation, and Production support for software systems.
- Develop, debug and test computer applications based on user requirements documentation, and on input from subject matter experts.
- Debug, remediate and enhance existing computer applications based on documented variances and enhancement requests, and with guidance from subject matter experts.
- Follow the approved methodology for application systems development and maintenance.
- Respond, as necessary, to support calls in off-hours in order to support 24X7 applications.
- Assist business clients and work teams in integrating systems from external vendors
- Mentor other staff members to ensure consistency in development approaches and in understanding of development processes
- Identify and recommend application system solutions to business problems and enhancements to existing systems
- Identify enhancements to application development standards and best practices.
- Build and develop strong relationships with ITS's business clients by providing superior customer support as demonstrated by clearly owning, resolving and communicating issues and problems, and being responsive to needs, requirements, and deadlines
- (Web Developer) Develop web sites / web pages, provide web site maintenance, support, and management
- (Web Developer) Support web site content management as necessary
- Business Intelligence Suite (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) for SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2
- SQL Server and Oracle T-SQL
- Crystal Reports/Business Objects
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience using iterative development methodologies
- Familiarity with the concept of Design Patterns.
- Experience using the Rational Suite of Tools, specifically ClearCase
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- Experience using automated testing tools
- Experience designing “n-tiered”, web-based applications
- Experience designing complex technical applications
- Java developer certification
- J2EE certification
- Experience with any of the following technologies/tools:
- Visual Basic (VB)
- PERL, CGI
- UNIX, Telnet, SSH
- Macromedia Studio MX 2004
- Adobe Creative Suite 2
Turnberry Solutions - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard