PB has an immediate opportunity for a Building Information Model (BIM)/Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Manager, to direct and support the BIM/VDC process with a global remit. The principal responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage the production of an integrated BIM/VDC model of the project, and manage the project Computer Assisted Visual Environment (CAVE) facility in support of this.
- Provide 3D visualizations and quantification of the project spaces and materials, and information for site plans and plant in an accurate, easy-to-understand 3D parametric format.
- Prepare animations that navigate a virtual project site, and produce rendered photorealistic images of the project.
- Develop the BIM/VDC implementation schedule with the project team, and link the building model to construction schedules to validate and analyze the construction sequences.
- Communicate the building models with the design team, construction management team and contractors, to discover design errors and omissions before construction.
- Perform simulations, and create clash reports and resolution actions between disciplines including M&E, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Structures and Architectural.
- Provide the as-built model to the Owner’s facility management group for efficient operations and maintenance.
- Build and train a team of local BIM/VDC Engineers and Architects to help create a local center for excellence.
- Participate in development of the Client’s Corporate BIM Goals.
- Accomplish Periodic Site Audits.
- Maintain key staff awareness of the BIM efforts for each contract package, including potential liabilities and concerns.
This position is based in New York and will involve working at project site world-wide.
- Solid Construction Management experience, including a thorough understanding of the workflow of Civil and M&E engineering and CPM scheduling, with power plant construction preferred.
- Proficiency with Primavera P6, Revit, Navisworks, Vico, 3dSMax. CM-BIM certification preferred.
- The ability to train and transfer knowledge to others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and a strong process orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate productive meetings between the owner, designer, and construction staff and contractors.
PB offers a competitive salary package, comprehensive benefits and the opportunity to grow in an exciting technical environment on projects known worldwide. To find out more about PB and find more information on PB’s involvement in BIM/VDC, go to www.pbworld.com .
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 15 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...