Position: BIM Detailer-Travelling
Reports to: BIM Manager
This person is responsible for the entire project as it relates to BIM and the BIM Execution plan. This person will be at the start of this project, and work it through until either completion or reassignment to another lead position as the project develops to an appropriate stage of hand off to a BIM Detailer for shop drawings and As-Builts. This position may or may not involve traveling depending on project requirements. If travelling is required, a plan for managing this will be developed on a project by project basis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and understand the project team requirements. Understand deliverables, support a BIM Execution plan, schedules and maintain a detailing schedule with milestones
- Generate RFI’s for the CEI Project Manager and support the project foreman as it relates to production. Keep in constant communication with the entire team
- Complete understanding of AutoCAD MEP 2012+, Navisworks 2012+ and able to teach the team tips and tricks to increase production performance
- Manage the immediate team of BIM Detailers and also interface with engineering and other trade partners
- Provide “Standards” to be used by all detailers to ensure consistency of files, work product and the ability to change detailers with minimal project disruption
- Develop project Navigator for each project and follow BIM standards on every project
- Ensure proper file handling and back up process for project files
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Some college preferred
- 3 years’ experience with advanced AutoCAD operations
- Proficient AutoCAD MEP and eagerness to learn and teach Revit MEP 2013 to the BIM team of early adopters
About Cupertino Electric, Inc.
Cupertino Electric, Inc. (CEI) is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. and has provided expert engineering and construction services for a constantly evolving world for more than 57 years. Its Energy Alternatives Division designs, constructs and manages innovative solar and alternative energy solutions. For more information, visit www.cei.com .