BIO-MEDICAL TECHNICIAN 1
Location: Methodist Charlton Medical Center
Department: Bio-Med Engineering
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is seeking a BioMedical Equipment Technician (BMET) to join its Team.
Job Purpose: The Biomedical Equipment Technician I (BMET I) maintains, tests, and calibrates diagnostic and therapeutic medical equipment devices and systems, as assigned, to insure safe and proper operation. Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities on medical equipment according to the departmental guidelines established in the Methodist Health System Policies & Procedures, as well as Federal, State, and Industry recognized standards. The BMET I documents all maintenance activities and seeks assistance of BMETII and Senior Biomedical Equipment Technicians as needed on more complex issues. The BMET I maximizes operator/patient safety by supporting the proper use, application and operational performance of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic medical equipment. This individual will perform safety testing on assigned diagnostic and therapeutic medical equipment using specialized test equipment, tools and simulation devices. The BMET I installs, troubleshoots, repairs and calibrates a variety of medical devices utilizing manufacturer’s service manuals and schematic diagrams. The BMET I will ensure that relevant documentation is current for all maintenance actions in the automated database. The BMET I will complete all paperwork within two working days of work completion. The BMET I is eligible for advanced Biomedical Equipment Training and will attend such training at the discretion of the Biomed Team-leader or Director.
Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Requires an Associate’s Degree (Military Training or equivalent work experience) in one of the following disciplines: Biomedical Equipment Technology or related field in order to provide supportive and technical expertise to customers.
Related Work Experience and Other Skills
· Ability to work under minimal supervision
· Able to professionally and effectively communicate (orally and in writing).
· Able to use all electronic hand tools and test equipment
· Knowledge of all current safety regulations and procedures
· Willing to travel and work at off-site location as needed
· Willing to work in a surgical environment as needed
· Willing to work in an electrically hazardous situation such as high voltages
· Work Experience: No work experience required
· Performs administrative duties as assigned in his or her area of responsibility to include: completion of all paperwork associated with safety testing, scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance within two working days of work completion. Actively schedules and attends initial and/or upgrade training on assigned medical equipment by coordinating with Team leader to maintain technical currency as an ongoing process. Attends assigned meeting, ensures that all stickers are properly affixed and visible on medical equipment assigned to the area of responsibility.
· Performs comprehensive scheduled maintenance and calibration procedures on assigned equipment per manufacturer’s specifications, State and Federal Guidelines.
· Performs safety testing on all medical equipment as assigned after each repair or scheduled maintenance check. Practices and adheres to all current safety regulations and policies regarding servicing of diagnostic/ therapeutic medical equipment and all other safety practices.
· Performs unscheduled repairs, in a timely manner, on all medical devices assigned to his or her area of responsibility in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines.
· Provides safety and operator training on basic imaging equipment to hospital staff as needed.
· Provides technical assistance based on technician’s experience in the operation, installation and upgrades of present and new equipment.
Methodist Health System - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Why does a career at Methodist Health System outshine the others? To start with, we truly value our employees and we show it by offering...