· Works under the direction of the Environmental Monitoring Supervisor and assists with the following:
· Assists in maintaining files of all environmental testing performed in the Biomedical Laboratory
· Responsible for tracking of environmental monitoring samples
· Assists in document updates to environmental monitoring SOPs
· Assists with environmental investigations.
· Assists as necessary to ensure successful resolution of action items.
· Maintains accurate records of all environmental monitoring samples received or sent out of the Biomedical Laboratory.
· Assists with trending environmental monitoring data.
· Assists with the functionality of environmental monitoring equipment and maintains accurate and complete records of equipment maintenance.
· Provides support with audits and/or regulatory inspections.
· Practices Universal Precautions; complies with OSHA requirements, including those covering visitors to the laboratory.
· Maintains pertinent inventory levels and monitors supplies as appropriate.
· Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
§ H.S. Diploma or equivalent required. AA preferred.
§ Minimum of 1 year clinical laboratory experience or other laboratory setting preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (list required and preferred separately)
§ Computer literacy required.
§ Excellent interpersonal skills required.
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
List activity requirements and percentage of time : KEY: Not at all (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%), Constant (67-100%)
Climbing: Not at all (0%) Bending: Occasional (1-33%) Kneeling/Crawling with force: Not at all (0%)
Pulling: Not at all (0%) Reaching Above Head: Occasional (1-33%) Twisting at waist: Occasional (1-33%)
Lift above shoulders: Occasional (1-33%) Lift from floor level: Occasional (1-33%)
Light work: Physically handle objects up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
Stand for 4 hours/day Sit for 7 hours/day Perform repetitive tasks/motions Have good manual dexterity
Have good eye/hand/foot coordination Hear alarms/telephone/normal voice Have Clarity of Vision
Near Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) Far Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more) Distinguish colors
WORKING CONDITIONS: Biomedical manufacturing environment. Potential hazards include exposure to:
Hazardous chemicals: Occasional (1-33%) Blood or body fluids: Frequent (34-66%)
Extreme conditions, hot or cold: Not at all (0%) Communicable diseases: Frequent (34-66%)
Saw Blades, needles or other sharp objects: Occasional (1-33%) Unprotected heights: Not at all (0%)
Moving mechanical parts: Occasional (1-33%) Latex exposure: Frequent (34-66%)
RTI Surgical - 23 months ago
RTI Biologics Inc. makes use of natural tissues and technologies to produce orthopedic, cardiovascular and other surgical implants that...