SABIC Innovative Plastics is a world leader in providing engineering thermoplastic material solutions. We provide high-performance products used in thousands of applications worldwide and seek to consistently improve our manufacturing capabilities to meet high customer demand and standards. The Process Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing assets and processes are optimized to achieve business needs.
The BPA/Phenol Process Engineer will support the BPA/Phenol Unit and is responsible for technical support and troubleshooting of the process. The focus of the position is to lead programs and projects to identify and eliminate operational bottlenecks and improve safety, quality and productivity.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
• Evaluates Asset Availability data and generates specific reports that identify production performance improvement opportunities to be pursued by other work processes.
• Identifies and communicates operating unit goals and technology plans with respect to health, safety, and environmental concerns, unit operations, and technical opportunities.
• Selects, defines and schedules analysis of systems critical to business goals; collects relevant data on selected systems.
• Leads the criticality review, determines the risk management strategy.
• Monitors and analyzes the reliability program performance.
• Establishes the root cause analysis (RCA) level criteria.
• BS Engineering, Chemical Engineer preferred
• Understanding of manufacturing operations, process equipment and technology
• Ability to use simple statistical tools for data analysis and apply probability, statistical, modeling and prediction reliability tools appropriately
• Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement
• Ability to use in depth analysis and structured methodology to identify the true root causes of a situation or event
• Ability to collect relevant data, history trends, and process information, root cause analysis results, and other data to identify or troubleshoot process problems.
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Plastics Industry Experience
• Six Sigma MAIC/DFSS trained
• Green/Black Belt Certified
• Process Safety Management experience
• Ability to actively listen and see different perspectives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to make relevant information known in a responsive and effective way
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 20 months ago