Who You Can Become
At Hospira, Inc. you can have the opportunity to help continue our tradition of excellence, build upon it and contribute to its success. Empower yourself to use all of your skills to reach your goals - so that you can allow patients worldwide to reach theirs
Performs standard pharmacological/microbiological tests for conformance to company and compendial specification. Uses a variety of standard laboratory equipment and instrumentation. Assists in the writing of monographs and SOP's. Routine testing includes, but is not limited to, the following: Microbiological testing of finished product, raw material, components, WFI and sterility testing. May be assigned to assist in special projects.
What We Are Made Of
Hospira is the world’s leading provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies. Through its broad, integrated portfolio, Hospira is uniquely positioned to Advance Wellness™ by improving patient and caregiver safety while reducing healthcare costs. The company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., and has approximately 14,000 employees. Learn more at
What We Are Proud Of
We at Hospira, Inc. feel rewarded by our hard work and take pride in knowing we’re on our individual career paths with a shared goal:
Advancing wellness™, through the right people and the right products
People of integrity who are motivated by challenges, embrace diversity, embody our values and exude entrepreneurial spirit
Products that are top quality, error reducing, technologically advanced, and most importantly, life saving
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Hospira, Inc. embraces diversity of thought and cultural perspective and fosters an environment of empowerment, fairness, and respect.
Where We Are
Centrally-located, McPherson, Kansas is within 60 miles of Salina, Wichita, Hutchinson, and Great Bend.
Why It’s a Great Place
Employees are offered an agile yet balanced work atmosphere, incentive compensation and the benefits that you'd expect from an industry leader.
- Consumer-directed medical plan options – Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options that allow you the maximum flexibility in managing your health and health care spending
- Extensive preventive care benefits covered at 100%
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Flexible spending accounts – health care and dependent care
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Life insurance, short/long-term disability, AD&D
- Optional long-term care insurance
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Program and work/life benefits
- Generously matched 401(k) retirement savings plan including immediate vesting, numerous investment alternatives and loan provisions
Bachelor of Science degree in microbiology or closely related scientific field or equivalent. Good verbal and written
communication skills are essential. Computer experience (Access, Excel, Word) helpful but not required. Satisfactory performance and attendance is required.