From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
Reporting to the Patient Accounts Supervisor and Lead, individual will be responsible for the assistance in the areas of check-in, registration of patients, scanning and invoicing of all Patient Care Records.
- Receipt and processing of Patient Care Reports (PCR's)
- Review of PCR's to compile data
- Assist customer service in an efficient and helpful manner
- File or retrieve reports and records as needed
- Determines whether a Physician Certificate Statement (PCS) is needed and received, if applicable
- Track all aspects of missing PCRs, PCSs and determines appropriate processing
- Reconciliation of PCR and transport numbers on a daily and monthly basis
- Respond to requests for information
- Make decisions and take appropriate actions based on sound reasoning and judgment.
- Contribute ideas; strive to enhance team effectiveness and support decisions made by the team.
- Plan and perform work systematically and efficiently.
- Carry out instructions, maintain a positive attitude, and support company policies/procedures.
- Punctuality and availability for workload.
- Comply with HIPAA guidelines
- Attend and maintain all required R/M training
- Gather & scan supporting documents
- Obtain prior authorization process
- Review PCR’s for completeness & return to crew/ops for addendums as needed
- Contacts hospitals and requests updated face sheets for PCRs that lack complete patient information.
- Work with hospital liaisons and facility staff to obtain Physician Certification Statements (PCSs) for transports.
- Complete and submit Treatment Authorization Requests for medical patients obtaining all required documentation. Respond to requests for additional information, appeal denials. (This is applicable for California only)
- Sends invoices and follows up with contract payers for claims not covered under capitated contracts.
- The ability to provide service and quality communications exhibiting a professional attitude at all times.
- Reviews paperwork for accuracy and correct process.
- Must participate in scheduled and unscheduled onsite compliance audits.
- Implements corrective/preventive measures as determined by the Corporate Compliance/Audit Committee.
- Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues.
- Takes swift and immediate action in accordance with Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance on any areas of concern.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
- All other duties as assigned or administered
- Ability to read, write and speak English in an easily understood manner.
- Ability to type 40-50 wpm
- Strong medical terminology background, CPT, ICDP coding
- Knowledge of HCFA 1500 forms and Medicare guidelines are essential for completion of the data entry process.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
- High school diploma or GED
Rural/Metro Corporation - 2 years ago