BSA - (SAP Financial Analyst)
The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
The Business Systems Analyst will work on the Finance Transformation project involving the implementation of SAP ECC and BPC. The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the analysis and design of the necessary requirements to support SAP configuration efforts for all aspects of Finance. The BSA manages and coordinates these activities from beginning to end through the use of agile best practices focused on strategic/analytical assessment, requirements gathering, iteration identification, problem solving and project management.
The BSA must possess subject matter expertise in both the business and SAP Financials (G/L, A/P, A/R, Consolidation, Organization structure, Fixed Assets, and Analytics). The position requires the ability to understand the business sufficiently to be able to document requirements and use cases so they can easily be executed by the project team. This role will be required to perform SAP configuration; including functional documentation, test plans and results, system documentation and training materials
Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking are essential. In addition, being a self-starter/motivator and having a proactive, agile and strategic mindset are a must.
- Demonstrates aptitude in logical and analytical thinking, as well as displaying strong problem solving skills
- Excellent skills in developing use case models using UML tools, system objectives, interface requirements, integrity requirements, performance and operational requirements
- Develops and maintains an intimate understanding of business operations
- Demonstrates sound business sense and ability to see "the big picture"
- Works collaboratively with IT and business to provide project estimates for cost-benefit analysis
- Identifies opportunities for operational efficiency through automation and core system utilization
- Able to pay attention to detail but not get bogged down by it (and prevent others from doing the same) in order to maintain agility and rapidly move the agenda forward
- Lead and mentor other Business System Analysts and Developer/Analysts
- Directs/leads requirements gathering sessions with end users at all levels (VP, Director, Managers, and Subject Matter Experts)
- Proactively works with the business to determine fulfillment options and ensure alignment, understanding and confidence
- Takes ownership of critical decisions, leading to resolution on behalf of the business and IT
- Challenges the business to ensure the team is working on the right things based on empirical information (ROI, LOE, etc.)
- Maintains transparent visibility of requirements, issues, direction, decisions, etc., establishing themselves as a trusted advisor to the business
- Recognizes political or ambiguous situations and uses personal influence to encourage desired behavior and/or resolve tenuous relations
- Ensures both business stakeholders and IT team members are all aligned with project objectives and identified agile practices
- Helps coordinate the development of necessary project documentation and standards required for compliance and identified agile best practices
- Able to embrace and adapt to change, demonstrating flexibility and the ability to develop and follow new processes
- Assists in the development of time and cost estimates, understanding and performing the responsibilities of a PM as required
- Demonstrates strong oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with business partners and internal team members
- Demonstrates strong written communications skills, including the ability to produce clear and concise recommendations, business requirements and/or use cases
- Communicates technical issues to non-technical people
- Negotiates and resolves conflicts between the business and IT
- Interacts with all levels of the company with patience, courtesy, diplomacy and professionalism
- Maintains a positive outlook with an optimistic and professional attitude at all times
- Develops process flow charts as required to support use case/business requirements understanding
- Keeps management, project managers, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, project status, changes, etc.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate, verbally and written, technical requirements/constraints to a broad audience of technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to work as team member or as a single individual contributor
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- At least 3 or more years of SAP Financials experience (R/3, ECC, BW)
- Seven or more years of experience in developing requirements and performing system analysis
- Seven or more years of experience of major systems implementation experience
- Experience with various system development lifecycles such as waterfall, RUP, and Agile methods
- Restaurant/Hospitality industry experience a big plus
- Retail industry experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related area is preferred.
- Project Management Certification and/or Six Sigma Experience a plus
- SAP certifications are a plus
Bloomin' Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
OSI Restaurant Partners - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard