The BSA Analyst is responsible for day-to-day BSA monitoring activities to ensure compliance with all applicable federal regulations. The BSA Analyst also provides support to the Compliance Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conduct day-to-day monitoring and recordkeeping all requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Develop specialized knowledge of all BSA, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC compliance requirements.
• Assist with periodic training of associates on applicable requirements.
• Review Bank policies and procedures and ensure they are up-to-date, complete, and meet regulatory expectations.
• Provide support to Bank associates regarding BSA questions and clarifications.
• Assist with preparation of FDIC & OTS examination materials as needed.
• Provide support for Bank associates regarding BSA compliance questions and clarifications.
• Maintain records of all required BSA documentation within regulatory and Bank retention guidelines.
• Score and assist with review of all clients identified as high-risk in accordance with the Bank’s High-Risk Customer Program, with special attention paid to Money Services Businesses and Private ATM companies.
• Monitor suspicious client activity for potential investigation using established monitoring systems and reports.
• In consultation with the Compliance Manager, investigate and prepare Suspicious Activity Reports for both traditional and non-traditional lines of business and ensure that they are reported within required regulatory time frames.
• Manage SAR case files to ensure appropriate follow-up monitoring occurs and additional SAR filings are completed when necessary.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Must have a highly developed work ethic including self-motivation, time management, and organizational skills.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects at once.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must approach tasks with a sense of urgency and adhere to assigned deadlines.
• Must have effective communication (written and verbal) skills to adequately convey reports, findings, etc. related to job function.
• Previous experience in training or public speaking a plus
• BSA/Compliance or CSR/Teller experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability in Word, Excel, and Internet applications required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent job experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Requires a flexible work schedule that will include some evening and weekend work.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.