The Bank Secrecy Act Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program (AML Program). This position performs various quality control reviews and monitoring in the area of Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Customer Identification Program compliance using industry standard and regulatory guidance sampling methods to ensure the Bank|
pliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis.
Assists the Corporate AML Manager in ensuring AML Program activities are consistent with enterprise expectations, run smoothly and efficiently by providing leadership, training and supervision within the bank. The position of Bank Secrecy Act Officer performs direct supervisory duties of assigned staff and is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of AML Program management.
- Interact with bank management and various AML committees with sufficient independence, visibility, and authority to effectively manage the AML Program at the bank.
- Coordinate with Corporate Compliance and/or Corporate AML Manager to ensure all corporate initiatives are implemented at the bank. Seek advice and assistance from Corporate AML Manager as needed and/or required.
- Implement AML policies as directed by Corporate Compliance and/or Corporate AML Manager. Develop procedures consistent with Corporate Compliance expectations and implement them for use in the bank.
- Review, recommend, and develop compliance training resources and conduct AML training as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating successful audits or exams of the bank’s AML Program. This includes monitoring corrective action for deficiencies and recommendations identified by the Compliance Review Program, Internal Audit, and federal regulators.
- Participate in the creation of draft comment letters relative to proposed changes to AML regulations.
- Implement changes required by new or changed AML regulations as directed by Corporate Compliance and/or Corporate AML Manager.
- Ensure full implementation of the AML Program and support corrective action on identified deficiencies.
- Participate in the banking product development process as it relates to AML risk and as deemed necessary.
- Regularly report to the Board of Directors and/or senior management as needed, after review by the Corporate Compliance Director.
- Participate in the semi-annual compliance meetings and other compliance meetings and/or committees when required. Attend BSA training sessions in accordance with the Corporation’s training policy.
- Review and approve all SARs prepared and filed by Corporate Compliance on behalf of the bank. Provide oversight and other support as needed for production work performed by the enterprise AML operations department on behalf of the bank.
- Assist in the review of criminal subpoenas, partner with state and/or federal law enforcement (as needed).
- Partner with the bank security officer and fraud department to coordinate efforts related to inter-department financial crimes risk management (e.g. SARs, related case investigations, common/known suspects, etc.).
- Coordinate AML risk management efforts with the Corporate AML Manager, senior management of the bank, AML operations department, and internal/external legal counsel as needed.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years prior BSA/AML, Risk Management or banking experience including experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Working knowledge of various banking functions and regulatory compliance laws and regulations with focus on BSA/AML needed.
- Industry related BSA/Compliance certification (e.g. CAMS or similar).
- Ability to work under limited direction, have independence in decision making and problem resolution.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), specifically as it relates to frequent interactions with senior and executive management.
- Intelligence and/or law enforcement investigative experience.
- Working knowledge of effective AML exam management processes.
- Desire/ability to work as part of an established enterprise-wide AML Program to ensure consistency and implementation of company/industry best practices.
Zions Bancorporation is one of the nation’s premier financial services companies, consisting of a collection of great banks in select high growth markets. Under local management teams and community identities, Zions operates over 500 full-service banking offices in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.
In addition, Zions is a national leader in SBA lending, public finance advisory services, and agricultural finance. The company is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Zions Bancorporation offers competitive salary and benefits including 401K. Zions Bancorporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Zions Bancorporation - 8 months ago