Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides stability for the health care professional that comes with 20 years of success. BSS employees take advantage of highly competitive pay rates and enjoy the flexible scheduling benefits associated with Banner Health's preferred registry provider.
We are currently looking for an experienced Disability Rep to work at our Banner Health Corporate Center in Mesa.
Positions are based through Banner Staffing Services and usually we offer no guaranteed hours or benefits. however this position will require up to 40 hrs per week and will involve some weekend work as needed.
Registry employment includes:
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
Employee Assistance Program
ECHO (Employee wellness program)
Banner Health is proud to be voted as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the metropolitan Phoenix area by the Phoenix Business Journal and BestCompaniesAZ.
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant discounts
- Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
Initiates claim, issues appropriate legal notices and correspondence as required by LTD benefits and FML Act. Records claim and disability as required by the plan document(s).
2. Audits medical reports to determine appropriateness of treatment relative to the claim for benefits, authorizes payment of benefits.
3. Approves medical treatment and coordinates consultations and referrals. Composes correspondence and reports to attending or independent evaluating physicians requesting information to approve certification.
4. Interprets and communicates coverage, benefits, and legal responsibilities to the injured employee, Human Resources, supervisor, attorneys, physicians and other medical providers.
5. Interprets plan document, policies, procedures and legal decisions, and analyzes fact situations to determine employee's claim eligibility for benefits.
6. Investigates questionable claim documentation by following up on source documents if necessary to assure that no fraud or malingering is occurring.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Requires proficiency typically obtained with 4 or more years experience in disability and/or related insurance experience. Must have a thorough knowledge of benefits legislation requirements, i.e., ERISA and FMLA and have a broad understanding of medical terminology. Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills and deal with a variety of difficult and complex human relations situations. Ability to interact with employees in all levels in person and by phone to provide optimum customer service. Requires problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet customer needs and deadlines. Requires working knowledge of ICD and CPT codes.
Must be proficient in working with common office software and have accurate keyboarding abilities.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.