Posting Title : BUDGET AND FISCAL OFFICER I - Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
Requisition Number : 1704
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country.
The Budget and Fiscal Officer I will be responsible for supporting the Director of Finance and Administration with management of the School’s financial operations. This position is effectively responsible for managing the entire annual budgeting process and quarterly projection process. The individual advises and guides the School’s departments through these processes. This position works closely with the central accounting/finance team as well as the department managers/administrators and faculty of the Dental School.
· Manage a staff of two financial professionals.
· Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of the Dental School annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
· Oversee month end and year end processes for all School operations, specifically clinic operations. This includes reviewing reports, preparing and processing month end journal entries.
· Works to reconcile monthly results (budget vs. actual) and provides explanations for variances as well as analyze trends.
· Independently develop advanced financial and operational analyses; synthesize data and present it in a clear format. Utilize the data to make recommendations to senior level management.
· Identify key metrics to be measured on a regular basis. Continuously work to enhance and improve package to support the changing School operations needs. Analyzes data and presents insightful and meaningful analysis demonstrating understanding of trends in School operations.
· Identify opportunities for business development and evaluate financial and operational feasibility.
· Assist with space planning, capital budgeting, and oversight of facilities maintenance, renovations and major construction projects.
· Ad hoc projects as requested
Job Description - Requirements :
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance and 5+ yrs. related work experience in finance or accounting with 2 years in a supervisory role,Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Strong interpersonal skills/communication skills, Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills and the ability to lift 25 lbs with or without accommodation
Preferred Qualifications: MBA/MS and 3+ years of management/supervisory experience.
Sp ecial Work Schedule Requirements:
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs
JOB REQUISITION #: 1704
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Oc casional overtime and/or weekend work is required when needed.
LatinosInHigherEd.Com - 15 months ago